It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gimp Scripts .com
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 am  (#11) 
Script Coder

GnuTux wrote:
Was that the "Test For Duplicates" script, paynek? I certainly try to reflect the information provided by the uploader but there could have been an error made. Your script, being a .scm, wouldn't it run across all platforms?

Yes that was the "Test For Duplicates" script, and no, it initially didn't work on Linux/MAC. Any script that accesses the file system has the potential to be written to be not cross-platform thanks to the directory-separator differences ( "/" vs. "\" ). Obviously this can be fixed by use of the DIR-SEPARATOR constant. My problem was with the searchpath separator differences (";" vs. ":") for which the equivalent fix:- SEACRCHPATH-SEPARATOR, only exists 2.7.4 onwards.

The thing that's going to become important soon(ish) is the GIMP version.

Kevin

P.S. Being able to update the details on my script would be useful as the built-in fix for SEARCHPATH-SEPARATOR breaks my script so it can't claim to work on 2.7.x any more, and I don't think I'd want to claim compatibility with an ill-defined moving target anyway.

Post subject: Re: Gimp Scripts .com
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 am  (#12) 
GC Founder/Coder

paynekj wrote:
Yes that was the "Test For Duplicates" script, and no, it initially didn't work on Linux/MAC. Any script that accesses the file system has the potential to be written to be not cross-platform thanks to the directory-separator differences ( "/" vs. "\" ). Obviously this can be fixed by use of the DIR-SEPARATOR constant. My problem was with the searchpath separator differences (";" vs. ":") for which the equivalent fix:- SEACRCHPATH-SEPARATOR, only exists 2.7.4 onwards..

Ah, I should have considered that your script manipulates the folder index of the file system, duh!

Is there no reliable way to detect OS in PyGimp, so you could make the "separator" type a variable, or are you just stuck with limited internal procedures to manipulate the file system?