It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 am

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: ShellOut.py (was XNViewShell) - Call external programs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:51 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

EDIT:
This script has been changed to provide Shelling out (calling) many different programs to provide functions not supported by Gimp.
Newest version adds the ability to specify the extension of the temp file to use, i.e. png, bmp, jpg.

Latest script here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=970&p=17957#p17957

After reading the comments on PSPI and the issues with 2.6.11 I checked my own set, and discovered that many of mine don't work either :( (shows how little I use them, oh well).

So I ran those I could through the Gimp User Filter converters into .guf file, great, but a bunch still were no-go.

Reading about XNView's support made me think, so I modified Michael Munzert's LABcurves python shell script http://www.mm-log.com/lab-curves-gimp to call xnview.

This is python, so you do need that. Just extract the file into your plugin folder and modify the line:
  path = "c:\\PF\\XnView\\"

to reflect where you installed XnView. Mine is in c:\PF but most would be under Program Files, so you WILL have to edit this to get it to work.

It shoes up under Filters->XnView...

It should respect selections, transparency, and layer masks. It saves the file as a temp png, launches XnView opeining that file. Do what you want, then close XnView, saving and overwriting the file. When the plugin sees XnView close, it loads the modified file back in.

-Rob A>

Last edited by RobA on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati

Post subject: Re: XNViewShell
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:26 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

That is an interesting hack. If it is only about running MM-Filters, I prefer running Photivo [ www.photivo.org ] application instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:27 pm  (#3) 
Global Moderator

RobA, I downloaded your plug-in and placed it in plug-ins in Gimp 2.6.11. I opened the file with Notepad++ and all I can see in there to do with path = is this

I closed Gimp, re-opened it but there is no XnView under filters. That line you said to modify is in there but grayed out. Did I do this wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:59 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Molly, did you open an image to work on, first? It will be greyed out until an active workspace is opened.

Rob: Have you tested this in Linux? I actually got this registered and it shows up on the menu in Ubuntu 10.04, but my Xnview is running on Wine so calling up Xnview results in nothing happening at all. I'm tempted to install the Linux version of Xnview but it doesn't support PS plug-ins. :(

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:33 pm  (#5) 
Global Moderator

Yes mav I had an image opened... Do I have to install XnView, the software?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:37 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Molly: Yes, you do. Depending on where it saves to, you may be required to alter the path again. That depends on it's installation location, which most likely will be:

"c:\\Program Files\\Xnview\\"

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:05 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Excellent. I actually requested something similar for Irfanview a while back with no takers. I happen to have XNView installed too. If all goes well, I might actually upgrade to GIMP 2.6.11. Thanks Rob. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

OK; it might be a Win7 issue, but XNView will not launch. The plugin does show up, but nothing happens after I choose layer (or visible option either). Oh well. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:31 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

The solution. I had to un-install XNView and then reinstall it using the PF path. Maybe Win7's path is disagreable with Python script. Glad that I went this extra mile since this is going to be cool. Thanks again Rob. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:43 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

REALLY COOL !!

:wow RoabA is a script :wizwand

I may try on xp and 7

PS
any chance that may work in linux too ? i use xnview with wine

Mrs Wilbress

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next