There were no errors. I replaced the old version where the sample two was under a Layers heading...which gave me two Layers headings...I was happy you changed that.
What I have been doing is....I can find the scripts I am thinking I need to remove and other parts in the folders for my gimp 2.8 portable version, and when I do...I take a snip shot of where they are...I take them out and put them on my desktop, then I restart gimp and see if it did what I hope for...if not, I put them back. I try to find everything by using a search for the main word of the process being used...to get everything out that goes with them. But, I think in this case it was just a matter of the .scm files...I do know... I messed with some that were layerfx too though...it got a little sticky...but all is good on my program.
I hope this helps in some way...sorry I can not say 'exactly' what I did.
Also, for anyone who might be interested to know...as it is working pretty good for me so far...I keep a copy of everything I have put into my gimp, plus everything I have taken out(in labeled folders, so I know what is what)...just in case I crash it.
I took the gap out of my 2.8(I know I got everything out, because I had a copy of everything that was put in), but I kept some of the extra .scm's that still worked...I went through them to make sure they still work for video and many still do. I have tested that and tested it and all is good...but I still could take more out OR put stuff back if I have to. I will keep my fingers crossed
I am running gap 2.6 on another 2.6 version of gimp and that works very well.