Hello, I'm Alessandro Francesconi, the author of BIMP. I try to explain some of your troubles:
1) First, for those who are wondering about the difference between BIMP 0.2 and BIMP 0.3 filesize, the last version is smaller thanks to compiling optimizations with gcc's -O2 option. Theorically, this is not related to all the bugs you found.
2) Trouble on adding images: I can't reproduce it. I can tell you that the GtkFileChooser that pops up by clicking on "Add image files" looks for images by looking at their MIME type (so, it searches for "image/bmp", "image/png" MIME types and so on). This is for avoiding searching for multiple file extensions (.jpg, .Jpg, .JPG... this would be horrible). I assume that other GTK-based on your system (Windows?) can open image files instead. If not, it can be a problem related to your GTK-runtimes installation.
Is this problem in 0.2 version too?
3) About "Other GIMP procedure" dialog: it's a known issue and yes, I experience it sometimes but only on Windows
. In the 0.1 release the problem was very frequent (dialog crashed on opening, closing, updating with apparently no reasons). I partly fixed it by optimizing some memory allocation functions (read here https://github.com/alessandrofrancescon ... p/issues/1
It would be awesome if someone could help me by describing the exact moments when it crashes (on closing? When changing the procedure? When clicking on Apply?).
4) About compiling warnings: they are related to little code workarounds or unused functions/variables that will be written in future. There is no correspondence with current bugs.
5) About "Rename" crashes: could you please tell me how to reproduce it? What pattern did you write on the text field?
EDIT: 6) About the final order of the manipulations: it's not intended to follow the order of the buttons in the dialog. In particular, "Watermark" step is set to be the last, everytime. This is a default decision that, for now, can't be modified. And I think it's reasonable: if the user chooses to place some text on the bottom-left side of the images and then he selects the "Rotate 180°" manipulation, the result won't be the expected. Same thing if the user sets a coloured image as a watermark and, then, chooses to convert the files into grayscale colors.
By the way, I ask you to write here https://github.com/alessandrofrancescon ... imp/issues
to receive a better support from the author and other programmers