Post all Gimp scripts and script writing questions here
Post a reply

Source Code for all my GEGL Filters

Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:30 pm

LATEST SOURCE CODE APRIL 8 2023 HERE
download/file.php?id=61917

This is a back up of the files on my computer relating to GEGL's source code. It does not include binaries or testing filters that I never released public. I am posting this here as a backup and a way to encourage people to study GEGL. After removing all image files the size is 1.2 megabytes. Zipping it makes it even smaller.

Re: Source Code for all my GEGL Filters

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:11 am

Very generous of you contrast_
:bigthup :tyspin

Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:46 pm

Update that makes it where GEGL Effects chooses the foreground color in default. It seems to only work once per composition.

Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:23 am

Update of source code with Linux and Windows Binaries.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:36 am

Source code only update as of Jan 30th

Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:48 pm

Thank you!

BTW: already discovered?: your work was mentioned in the annual GIMP report here
https://www.gimp.org/news/2023/01/29/20 ... al-report/

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:44 am

your work was mentioned in the annual GIMP report here

Sure was - LinuxBeaver is in the 2022 Gimp report. Congrats Beaver you have done a lot for getting GEGL into Gimp.

The roadmap seems to be saying that 'extensions' which I think covers python3 plugins may not be ready for Gimp3.

Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:35 pm

Yes, I'm fully aware I was mentioned and it was kind of planned that I would be mentioned as well.

Anyhow here is an update of the source code to include rock text 2.

Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:09 pm

April 8th source code only for all plugins - update with GEGL Effects continual edition and sparkle

gegl_plugin_source_code_only_april8.zip
(302.81 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Remember, the source code is the most valuable thing as in theory twenty years later my plugins will be able to work only if the code is preserved. The same cannot be said about binaries unless they are virtual machined.

Mon May 01, 2023 12:14 am

Update April 30th with Glossy Balloon and Custom Bevel.

Remember, this is pure code to all my filters so when the time comes they can be recompiled a decade or several decades later.

beaver_plugins_code_only_aprill30th.zip
(297.41 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Mon May 01, 2023 10:28 am

Emergency update for custom bevel and glossy balloon. They had an issue where they no longer work in certain long graphs like ice text. Now it is solved. gegl:src-in was replaced with gegl:over. This has no effect on average use.

I'm just going to keep everything before as an archive but this is the source code of every plugin I ever publicly released on its latest version.
source_code_for_all_public_gegl_plugins.zip
(427.36 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Tue May 02, 2023 12:46 pm

A fix for Glossy Balloon, Custom Bevel and GEGL Jelly was added. So they can do this in GEGL Graph without clipping.

source_code_of_all_plugins.zip
(304.39 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Thu May 18, 2023 9:32 pm

Includes code of EVERY public plugin of mine. Updated to include the May 17th 2023 build of GEGL Effects and previous versions of GEGL Effects. Though previous and current versions cannot co-exist with each other. It also includes my latest plugin "Glass over Text".

code_only_all_beavers_GEGL_plugins_may18_2023.zip
(448.34 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Remember. Ten years from now binaries will not work unless they are emulated but source code will always have a chance of working in newer versions of Gimp that come.

Fri May 19, 2023 10:14 am

This includes a recent update to GEGL:SSG that fixed a slider from scrolling 50 numbers per mouse scroll. It was way to fast. It also includes archives of recently passed to very old versions of GEGL Effects. It is highly recommended you do not downgrade GEGL Effects as it could cause an issue that breaks all plugins but you have the free will to do so if you know what you are doing. MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF GEGL EFFECTS CANNOT CO-EXIST

A legitimate case where downgrading makes sense is if a current version is bonkers with a new bug but the old April 4th build works proper.

Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:18 pm

Update with the source code of May 31st Build of GEGL Effects.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:07 pm

Latest update here. Source code of all my filters with changes to neon border, inner glow, fog, clay, glow stick, and custom bevel.

code_only_all_beavers_GEGL_plugins_june42023.zip
(656.4 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Neon Border is simplified and no longer has the clipping bug
Clay now uses gaussian blur FIR
Inner Glow had its graph simplified with no noticable changes
Fog now works on images of any size
glow stick now works on transparent images
custom bevel now hides its advance options

Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Contains the June 5th update of GEGL Effects and every other filters source code.

Many GEGL node rearrangements happened after May 31st but these changes are barely noticable to the end user. The biggest change is a visual bug fix that occurs with extra outline and inner glow. As well as another change that makes left click color A sliders that control opacity fuctional for outline, shadow and extra outline.
Before that the A sliders did not work for them.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:34 pm

June_tenth_code_only_all_beavers_GEGL_plugins.zip
(821.73 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Changes made.

1. Glossy Balloon, Clay and Custom Bevel now have a median blur radius=0 at the end of their graphs to once and for all solve the bug relating to gegl:opacity.
They can now chain with dropshadow in GEGL Graph without a checkbox. Glossy Balloon's checkbox is now hidden to resemble the way it looked in summer 2022. No changes have been made here except for Glossy Balloon's GUI looking the way it did a year ago. This update is very important for Gimp and non-destructive editing in the future.
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-glo ... xt-styling
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Clay-Bevel
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Custom-Bevel/

2. GEGL Effects now has glass over text in its repo and glass over text was modified to work with GEGL Effects. Other changes to GEGL Effects include Inner Glow having access to the hsv hue blend mode, gradient having a master opacity slider and image file overlays blend mode switcher no longer changing the blend mode of the original image. (that was a bug that it was not suppose to do)
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Eff ... alEdition/

3. GEGL Pencil was given an update that hide one slider, renamed sliders for convince and fixed a trivial parameter bug.
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/gegl-pen ... l-drawing/

4. GEGL Pixel Wheel got a circle to square transition
https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Cir ... el-wheel.c

Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:23 pm

Inner Glow and Bevel were future proofed and presets for them alone broke. No changes have been made.

Gimp's team is going to take the names gegl:bevel and likely gegl:inner-glow

GEGL_PLUGINS_SOURCE_CODE_FINAL_JUNE17.zip
(927.31 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:09 am

GEGL_PLUGINS_SOURCE_CODE_FINAL_JUNE19_fix.zip
(927.31 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Edge Smooth has been updated to a new name space because I'm trying to get it in Gimp.
no changes have been made.
Post a reply