It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: BAtch processing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:47 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Gms9810 wrote:
Xnview will do batch watermarks. It's not gimp but it's just as good for what it's meant to do.http://www.xnview.com/

OMG, did I see they had a version for windows 3.1??? Talk about keeping your market open...Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 am  (#12) 
Global Moderator

I remember using Coppermine search engine a very long time ago. =)
Is that the same developer? I downloaded the software, i think i'll try it out too.
link - http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:22 am  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

I do not think so, I don't recall the coppermine search engine. Got me on that one.

Coppermine so far has been very friendly to use. With the VERY limited experience I have with working in codes I was able to change the BBCode output of a couple of plugins to strip the url tags and change the label on the fields. but keep in mind that the developers are in Germany and when you hit their support site they are, well, sort of fanatic about rules and very blunt in their statements. One can understand how wars are started when you talk to a German... :rofl

I made the new gallery public on our website last sat and we already have close to 500 images uploaded. It is not as integrated with Joomla! as the previous gallery system but it also is not as bloated as the joomgallery system. All I wanted was the HTML and BBCode tags generated.

here's my website.
http://www.modelersalliance.com/
http://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery is the coppermine site.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

http://registry.gimp.org/node/21834

This plug-in is designed for batch watermarking and resizing of image files. It lets you choose the directory which contains the images, the file extension, the font, the copyright text and the options associated with the processing. Useful for photographers who upload a lot of photos on the web and don't want to watermark every single file individually. The resulting images contain between one and four instances of the copyright text (selectable as an option). Also, if you select a single instance of the text, the position of the text can be set to the top, middle or bottom part of the image.

There is also a second watermarking script, which is based on a difference map. The watermark text is practically invisible, but can be easily recovered by using the original (non-watermarked) image. This is useful when an image needs to be protected but the text must not be visible for aesthetic reasons.

At present, the script does not perform any sanity checks, so don't give it single-pixel images to process :). Also, it takes a while to finish if there are a lot of images, especially if they are large, so stock up on patience!

As far as I can judge, it should work with all releases of GIMP which support python-fu.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 pm  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks, we'll give it a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:02 pm  (#16) 
Global Moderator

I actually installed Coppermine on my server, i love it. =)
I have yet to customize it though to fit my site design, but i love the results so far.
My Image Gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 pm  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

My Coppermine would not be wrapped if it were not for the plugin that integrates between cpg and Joomla! I have edited the BBCode plug ins to be more descriptive of what they are and where they are used, as well as what size image they use.

Much easier to work with than that damn joomgallery monster thing we use to use. Now if there were a way to make the upload box show up in hte Kunena forum posting...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 pm  (#18) 
Global Moderator

That would be nice if i could integrate WordPress with Coppermine and include an upload box in my blog.