It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2-8-finally-released
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 pm  (#51) 
GimpChat Member

Anyone using installed gimp from otto-kesselgulasch ppa? That warning of breaking OS has me reluctant. Tried to install from source but too many dependencies need compiling. Should I wait until it gets into the package manager? Or is the otto ppa ok?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 pm  (#52) 
Script Coder

Ok, I was messing around with things and I managed to somehow break my gimp 2.8 installation... I tried to uninstall, recompile and install it again, it seems to compile & install ok but I keep getting this error when trying to run it:

gimp: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know what's up with this...?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 am  (#53) 
Script Coder

dd wrote:
Ok, I was messing around with things and I managed to somehow break my gimp 2.8 installation... I tried to uninstall, recompile and install it again, it seems to compile & install ok but I keep getting this error when trying to run it:

gimp: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know what's up with this...?

Ok, nvm, I figured it out... turns out all I had to do was sudo ldconfig.

That's what I love about linux - you keep learning new stuff all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:39 am  (#54) 
GimpChat Member

Just had to say some praise (despite a few issues that hopefully get resolved with the 2.8.1 release) for GIMP 2.8 (using the 64-bit version). 2.8 has yet locked up on me; would do so several times a day sometimes with GIMP 2.6.x (32-bit version). I won't say it hasn't crashed on me though but at least I've not lost any work because of it (and, I believe, it crashed maybe 3 times; won't even tell you how buggy 2.6x was even at 2.6.12 release. lol). It was fun trying to figure out the bugs in GIMP too and enjoyed the little participation I had with that. So many folks found work-a-rounds and such too which made going to a now true native 64-bit GIMP enjoyable. Again, just had to give the developers and definitely the folks here who have actively (and still are) ironing the kinks my greatfulness and praise. :)

Psalm 109:8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6