It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Strolling Down Mac Gimp Lane. :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 pm  (#71) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Partha,

Continuing testing.......
I get an error message from python fu brush from text.
Integer Argument Expected. Got Float.
Copy and Paste seems to not work here. But i can recreate.

A large majority of what i have used is fine staying away from script fu , and i think i have used a majority.

For me there are some windows that do open infront of the main window.

The Retinex filter window pops up no problem as do a few others.

Do you want these all noted or do you have some other focus that you would rather be tested.......

Regards....(still trying to not drag and drop layers, a hard habit to break)

Those Nikon images are amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:20 pm  (#72) 
GimpChat Member

esskay wrote:
Hi Partha,

Continuing testing.......
I get an error message from python fu brush from text.
Integer Argument Expected. Got Float.
Copy and Paste seems to not work here. But i can recreate.

This is good to know. I am glad you tested this. Also, for most of photo work, it seems to be working fine. I think the issue is probably with glib that I am using. I have to find time to test my theories. Anyway thanks for the feedback. :)
Quote:

A large majority of what i have used is fine staying away from script fu , and i think i have used a majority.

For me there are some windows that do open infront of the main window.

The Retinex filter window pops up no problem as do a few others.

Do you want these all noted or do you have some other focus that you would rather be tested.......

Regards....(still trying to not drag and drop layers, a hard habit to break)

Those Nikon images are amazing.

Script-fu I already know about. I understand about the drag-&-drop. :)

Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 am  (#73) 
GimpChat Member

No Problem. I'm happy to help.

I will keep going, I have some non photo type stuff to do soon so i will give it a whirl.

I appreciate your efforts........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 am  (#74) 
GimpChat Member

argh, last night I ran across something that totally shut gimp down...but alas, I cannot remember what it was. I was using the single window, which btw, is quite handy. I think I am beginning to like it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 am  (#75) 
GimpChat Member

2-ton wrote:
argh, last night I ran across something that totally shut gimp down...but alas, I cannot remember what it was. I was using the single window, which btw, is quite handy. I think I am beginning to like it.

Hi 2-ton,

Great to know! I am liking it very much also!

I am rebuilding Gimp completely so that hopefully some of the issues that we have found on this thread can be resolved.

Partha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 am  (#76) 
GimpChat Member

Your image seems to have the promised gallery at the top. Is this also in the Win version? How do I access it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:29 am  (#77) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
Your image seems to have the promised gallery at the top. Is this also in the Win version? How do I access it?

Are you referring to 2-ton or to me? :)

Anyway, I don't understand the question about the promised gallery. Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 am  (#78) 
GimpChat Member

I was referring to you. You have some thumbnails at the top of the screen. A long long time ago when the ideas for 2.8 were first announced, I recall reading somewhere about and seeing an image of a "gallery" method of opening images similar to the Open office gallery where you just drag them onto the main window. It was one of the things I was looking forward to in the new Gimp but thought they had dropped the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 am  (#79) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
I was referring to you. You have some thumbnails at the top of the screen. A long long time ago when the ideas for 2.8 were first announced, I recall reading somewhere about and seeing an image of a "gallery" method of opening images similar to the Open office gallery where you just drag them onto the main window. It was one of the things I was looking forward to in the new Gimp but thought they had dropped the idea.

Ahh, OK. I had to go back to the beginning of the thread to understand what you were saying. :)

Gimp will show you thumbnails of all open images if you open more than 1 image. They will all be lined up at the top.

You can of course drag-&-drop images from your file manager onto Gimp.

I am not familiar with the Open office gallery to comment on it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 am  (#80) 
GimpChat Member

Ah... I think I misunderstood what I had read and seen. I never knew this about Gimp. Thank you and thanks for your work on the 2.7 releases.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 am  (#81) 

@partha: Please, please, where I can download the dmg build for OSX to play with?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 pm  (#82) 
GimpChat Member

attanze wrote:
@partha: Please, please, where I can download the dmg build for OSX to play with?

Please PM me and I will send you the download link. The reason it's not publicized is that we are still beta testing.

Please also note that you need Snow Leopard or better. I would really like someone to test on Lion.

Please report any issues you see and also, please read this whole thread so that you can see what has already been reported and we are aware.

Thanks for your help! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:22 am  (#83) 
GimpChat Member

sorry has been so long since last post and this will be a quickie...

I've been able to use the G'MIC filters, they seem to run as the Snow Leopard version albeit a bit slower? Could be my external hd. Still has the issues with most of the "Artistic" catagory.

Still loving the Single Window mode!

I am having trouble with a "Paste as..." function. I've been trying to learn some Blender and was making a basic pattern for a UV tutorial.

1. created 64 x 64 space
2. made my pattern
3. selected pattern
4. Copied
5. Paste as... pattern
6. Named it "UV" in the name window and left the bottom value the same.
7. Tapped the "OK" button and gimp crashes on me.

Did this twice so far. If I recall I was able to make a patter in the gimp on Snow Leopard. I'll see about going back to this install when I relog into Snow Leopard.

Hope this helps.

WW

Edit...Just tested in Snow Leopard. It also crashes the same way. Anyway thought I had a different thing there.. my previous pattern must have been saved used the "Save as..." and not the "Paste as.." method.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:45 pm  (#84) 
GimpChat Member

Ran the G'MIC updater...started with 285 ended up with 277. No errors. Seemed to work fine. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 pm  (#85) 
GimpChat Member

Hi all,

I have filed bug reports on the whole script-fu issues we've been having. We'll see what happens. I think the underlying issues are probably due to problems with glib. Glib beyond an older version does not compile on my Snow Leopard. Also filed a bug on that.

Stay tuned. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 am  (#86) 
GimpChat Member

That sounds great Partha, thanks for your work on this: will continue thoroughly tuned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:39 pm  (#87) 
GimpChat Member

Good to hear as well Partha.

Also..while I have the thread for a moment :)...

about G'Mic ... I just read it has been updated to 1.5.1.1... I'm not rushing to upgrade so just let me what you think would be good to do with this test version. Should I try upgrading? ( course not even sure how to..) Or you think best to wait for another compile version of your Gimp. I'm in no rush in doing this, but if you like for me to test it I'll do so..just let me know.

Take care and thanks again for helping upgrade the Gimp on OSX!

WW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:10 am  (#88) 
GimpChat Member

Oh and I did re-run the G'MIC updater and it worked for me. I went form 277 filters to 334 filters!

I found a thread talking about updating G'Mic filters elsewhere in the forums: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4062&start=20

and the work-around Ronouners (sp?) gave worked for me.

1) Refreshed from Internet
2) went to "Apply Filters" and clicked on "Apply"
3) Refreshed from internet again and I got updated. :)

ww

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:23 pm  (#89) 
GimpChat Member

Hmmm, just tried a simple filter>distort>erase every other row on a layer and it crashed this gimp...I have noticed several filters seem to do this, but this is the first time I remembered to write down the filter name in order to post it here.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:59 pm  (#90) 
GimpChat Member

2-ton wrote:
Hmmm, just tried a simple filter>distort>erase every other row on a layer and it crashed this gimp...I have noticed several filters seem to do this, but this is the first time I remembered to write down the filter name in order to post it here.

I filed a bugzilla on this. I think it's a glib problem affecting the way some of the filters are run within Gimp. I will update to the release version (and beyond) and test out a new build and let you know if it helps with these issues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next