It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The official dev version of Gimp-2.7.4 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 am  (#21) 
Script Coder

Rod wrote:
Really it is my belief that Parthas last release IS the next official dev release Gimp-2.7.5.
It seems to me he has been one step ahead of each test release since he started compiling. :)
When he released Gimp-2.7.5 the devs released Gimp-2.7.4 :lol

I'm going to strongly disagree with you there. Partha is not compiling 2.7.5. He is compiling a snapshot of the state of the current development branch. Unfortunately the developers make the mistake (to my way of thinking) of labelling the current development with the version that it is targeted at. It only becomes that version when they freeze the code.

So they froze 2.7.4 -which can then safely be called 2.7.4 because it never will never change.

Personally I think Partha should stop calling it 2.7.5 and refer to it by some reference to when he grabbed the latest code and compiled it: i.e Gimp-latest-03-02-2012-11:59:03

[/rant over]
Kevin

Post subject: Re: The official dev version of Gimp-2.7.4 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Kevin.

Yeah, you're maybe right. But some day ago, I managed to compile the lates git-snapshot.
And I tell you, this was hard work, to get all the dependencies together and all in the directories, the
makefiles refer to.
I were not able to change the version of gimp, if I would be forced to do so. It is more complicated than it seems to be.

Hatti