It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:13 pm


Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 am  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 11409
Location: "Looking for my eraser" =P
I am almost finished compiling Gimp-2.7.5 which is probably going to be the last test beta for 2.7.
This is the latest GIT version, with the new GEGL-0.1.9, BABL-0.1.7, and new PANGOCAIRO.
I have heard this last test version is awesome, and also has tablet support fixed.

I will post a screenshot when the compile is finished and i launch it. :bigthup

_________________
Image
____________
OK, . . . . so what's the speed of dark?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:43 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 14, 2011
Posts: 968
Rod wrote:
I am almost finished compiling Gimp-2.7.5 which is probably going to be the last test beta for 2.7.
This is the latest GIT version, with the new GEGL-0.1.9, BABL-0.1.7, and new PANGOCAIRO.
I have heard this last test version is awesome, and also has tablet support fixed.

I will post a screenshot when the compile is finished and i launch it. :bigthup

way to go Rod! :coolthup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 11409
Location: "Looking for my eraser" =P
partha wrote:
Rod wrote:
I am almost finished compiling Gimp-2.7.5 which is probably going to be the last test beta for 2.7.
This is the latest GIT version, with the new GEGL-0.1.9, BABL-0.1.7, and new PANGOCAIRO.
I have heard this last test version is awesome, and also has tablet support fixed.

I will post a screenshot when the compile is finished and i launch it. :bigthup

way to go Rod! :coolthup


Thanks Partha! :)
This compile seems to be taking forever for some reason.GEGL also.
I am just about half way through the common plug-ins. I believe that is the last part.

Image

Getting there :lol

_________________
Image
____________
OK, . . . . so what's the speed of dark?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5883
waiting with you

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 am  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 11409
Location: "Looking for my eraser" =P
Actually i finished compiling, created an installer, and installed the Gimp-2.7.5 program on my computer.
Everything works real nice except GEGL. Every time i try to use it ...boom Gimp crashes.

Image

Python-fu works well, as well as Script-fu. I wonder if it's because of the new GEGL package?

Another thing that messed me up was that when it installed it used the UserFolder/.gimp-2.6 folder to draw from.
So when it first launched i got a bunch of errors because it was drawing plugins from gimp-2.6/plug-ins folder.
After i launched it, i closed it right away, and i just deleted everything inside the folders (sub folders of UserFilder/.gimp-2.7), and i was all set.
Except for GEGL that is. :)

So if you install this one be sure and create a .gimp-2.7 folder first to avoid those launch errors.

_________________
Image
____________
OK, . . . . so what's the speed of dark?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Posts: 165
Rod wrote:
Another thing that messed me up was that when it installed it used the UserFolder/.gimp-2.6 folder to draw from.
So when it first launched i got a bunch of errors because it was drawing plugins from gimp-2.6/plug-ins folder.
After i launched it, i closed it right away, and i just deleted everything inside the folders (sub folders of UserFilder/.gimp-2.7), and i was all set.
Except for GEGL that is. :)

So if you install this one be sure and create a .gimp-2.7 folder first to avoid those launch errors.


A portable version would solve the problem! Any chance?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:32 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5883
humm also partha build has problem with gegl, ..just a coincidence or something else ?

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:37 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 11409
Location: "Looking for my eraser" =P
bilbo9955 wrote:
Rod wrote:
Another thing that messed me up was that when it installed it used the UserFolder/.gimp-2.6 folder to draw from.
So when it first launched i got a bunch of errors because it was drawing plugins from gimp-2.6/plug-ins folder.
After i launched it, i closed it right away, and i just deleted everything inside the folders (sub folders of UserFilder/.gimp-2.7), and i was all set.
Except for GEGL that is. :)

So if you install this one be sure and create a .gimp-2.7 folder first to avoid those launch errors.


A portable version would solve the problem! Any chance?


I probably will not release one but Partha may. :)
This is the last beta before the 2.8 release or so i am told.So he may just pop out a Gimp-2.7.5 also.
Maybe after he compiles his i can figure out what went wrong with mine.
I updated Pix-Buf, Glib, Cairo, BABL, and GEGL so it should have compiled without a hitch. I could not find a newer version of ATK.
I did get some deprecation errors for some of the header files in ATK and GTK/Pix-Buf.
G_CONST_RETURN gchar seems to be deprecated?


Ah well maybe Partha can fix it. I won't release my version until the GEGL bug is fixed. :ninja

PC did Partha release a version of the last beta already?

_________________
Image
____________
OK, . . . . so what's the speed of dark?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:40 pm  (#9) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 11409
Location: "Looking for my eraser" =P
Incidentally this version is available for Linux already so if someone wants to grab it and test GEGL i would be ecstatic.
That would tell me if GEGL newest version is buggy.

Thanks.

_________________
Image
____________
OK, . . . . so what's the speed of dark?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.5 for Windows 32 bit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5883
not yet but something was wrong with gegl in the last 32 bit
(maybe just some dll missed not sure)

i just saw your last post...it is long time i do not try to compile gimp on linux i may try tonight (but if i cannot finish tonight, tomorrow i will too busy to continue )

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

* Login  

* Subscribe to Gimp Chat's RSS Feed    * Subscribe to Gimp Chat's Tutorial Feed    * Subscribe to Gimp Chat's G'MIC Feed


Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group