It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp 2.7.3 new build & G'MIC 1.5.0.0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:42 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hi All,

I know it's been awhile. :)

However, summer is always like that. However, I have not been idle. I just uploaded new builds based on the source as of August 6, 2011. So, feel free to update your Gimp version.

Also, now that G'MIC stable version is 1.5.0.0. So, I updated that as well. Please keep in mind that the author updates G'MIC frequently and so it is not possible to post beta's since I just don't have the time. I will try to keep up, but no promises. The author also provides the 32 bit version, so all is not lost. :)

As usual, please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Partha
www.partha.com.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp 2.7.3 new build & G'MIC 1.5.0.0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:57 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks for the G'MIC update Partha; now I have my new presets show up too. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

partha wrote:

For XP 32 bit
- using the Eyedropper - Gimp crashes;
- error when opening file *. ps and *. eps (although the preview is correct. GS_PROG is not a reason because it works well in the 2 .6.11).

Attachments:
Postscript.png
Postscript.png [ 61.57 KiB | Viewed 3205 times ]

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
GS_PROG is not a reason because it works well in the 2 .6.11

May be the problem, because the path for gimp- 2.6.11 is different from a path to gimp-2.7.3
more if you use gimp 64 bit version, also the library used (in this case Ghostscript )may require to be compiled for 64 bit.

i had a similar problem with the previous build from partha,but i really gave no much attention because to the problem since both are sort of vectorial files and gimp can't edit vectors

So i only noticed that was no working but i thought the problem was GS at 32bit but gimp at 64

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:30 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Partha nice idea include last stable Gmic
Gmic will advice in a clear way if a new version is available, in case just after calling gmic will appear a red and bold advice about newer release available.

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix wrote:
Partha nice idea include last stable Gmic
Gmic will advice in a clear way if a new version is available, in case just after calling gmic will appear a red and bold advice about newer release available.

Hi PC,

Long time no talk! I have not forgotten your last email so will go back to it as the summer progresses.

Thanks for the validation re: G'MIC. I am glad you are OK with it. Keeping up with the betas would be a pain. :)

Partha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
partha wrote:

For XP 32 bit
- using the Eyedropper - Gimp crashes;
- error when opening file *. ps and *. eps (although the preview is correct. GS_PROG is not a reason because it works well in the 2 .6.11).

I will have to investigate the XP 32 bit eye-dropper issue. I don't have an XP machine handy at the moment. It does not crash on my Windows 7 machine.

I don't know what to say about PS and EPS files. It is very strange that when I start Gimp in my Msys environment, I can open PS files. Matter of fact the current screenshot on my website is a PS file (escher.ps which is part of the examples in the GS installation). However, when I install in the Windows environment, I loose this ability. So, will have to look into the source code to figure out what is going on unless someone has some ideas.

Thanks,
Partha.

PS: Thanks to Willy for getting me to investigate themes and so, some of the common theme engines are already included in the build. So, most themes should work. See the write-up on the website.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Partha - many thanks for your work !
I am very happy with this version and slowly forget about the 2.6.11 - this probably is 90% of Gimp 2.8 !!!
More about eyedropper:
It is interesting that this (small) error only (?) in XP 32 bit SP3 (Home and Professional).
It's just the little things - the point is that:
- [1] is working properly;
- use [2] or [3] - works poorly and freezes access to menu File and Edit (but only at the maximum window ...when you reduced windows "restore down" - the access is again possible...);
- in the window - "Change Foreground Color" - does not work "Add the current color to the color history" [4].

Attachments:
Error Dropper.png
Error Dropper.png [ 358.48 KiB | Viewed 3089 times ]

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

MareroQ wrote:
Partha - many thanks for your work !
I am very happy with this version and slowly forget about the 2.6.11 - this probably is 90% of Gimp 2.8 !!!
More about eyedropper:
It is interesting that this (small) error only (?) in XP 32 bit SP3 (Home and Professional).
It's just the little things - the point is that:
- [1] is working properly;
- use [2] or [3] - works poorly and freezes access to menu File and Edit (but only at the maximum window ...when you reduced windows "restore down" - the access is again possible...);
- in the window - "Change Foreground Color" - does not work "Add the current color to the color history" [4].

You are welcome! :)

Thanks for the screenshot and now I know what to look for.

Partha