It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gimp-2.7.2 - please read
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:05 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I just wanted to take the time to ask anyone who has decided to setup Gimp-2.7.2 compiled by Partha on their machine to wait on submitting bugs at the Gimp-Bugzilla-Site until the developers release a test beta version themselves.
This is nothing against Partha or anyone else involved in bringing this program to us for our personal use.What Partha has done is amazing in itself, and he has my thanks for doing it.
This aside it just seems to me and others that submitting bugs with a non official released version may lead to further problems down the line for actual 2.8 development.
Just wanted to throw this out there. Now let's have fun with the new Windows version of Gimp-2.7.2 and if you wish you can submit any and all problems you have on the forums here, and maybe we can solve them together.
If these bugs come up at release time for the test version (if there is one), then we can bring them up then.

NOTE: you are encouraged to report bugs from 2.7.1. - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=301

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.2 - please read
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:28 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
I just wanted to take the time to ask anyone who has decided to setup Gimp-2.7.2 compiled by Partha on their machine to wait on submitting bugs at the Gimp-Bugzilla-Site until the developers release a test beta version themselves.
This is nothing against Partha or anyone else involved in bringing this program to us for our personal use.What Partha has done is amazing in itself, and he has my thanks for doing it.
This aside it just seems to me and others that submitting bugs with a non official released version may lead to further problems down the line for actual 2.8 development.
Just wanted to throw this out there. Now let's have fun with the new Windows version of Gimp-2.7.2 and if you wish you can submit any and all problems you have on the forums here, and maybe we can solve them together.
If these bugs come up at release time for the test version (if there is one), then we can bring them up then.

NOTE: you are encouraged to report bugs from 2.7.1. - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=301

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I echo Rod's sentiments. Please work the hell out of gimp-2.7.2 and you can discuss the "bugs" here (I guess - moderator?) or leave me a note on my website. In any case, you can always check bugzilla to see if you think you have found a bug and if a similar bug has been reported.

Thanks Rod.

Partha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:48 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Here may be fine or we may even open and stick a "2.7.2 feedback" topic

Please let me explain even better because should not be filled any bug report on Bugzilla or on the developers mail list on any "bug" or this release (but again bug report will be fine here )

1) 90% of the apparent bugs (and you will found several) ) are not bugs but unfinished new features,
and the developer know well that are unfinished and are frantically to work on them.
Report them as bugs will only make a big mess in a delicate moment and irritate everybody

2) other may be problem of this peculiar Windows build, and if so this (or the partha blog) is the only good place to report them

3) in general may be not a smart idea report issues of experimenthal unstable version as bugs, not if you are not sure that are not already reported

4) What may be even tolerated on a friendly gimp forum as this ,
i mean "bug" report like:
"the single window mode is tooo BUGGY, doesn't work well PLEASE FIX"
can't be tolerated in bugzilla, or in any developer mailing list
post something alike will immediatly classify you as a Troll or a spammer.(or a helpless idiot that is not much better)

a bug report is a bug report only if contain all the details useful to replicate it and in any case again this (and/or partha blog) are the place to give feedback on this windows version of gimp 2.7.2

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Yes a new topic for feedback on Gimp-2.7.2 can be found here.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1382#p16415

Thanks again everyone.

This thread is now locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]