cole slaw...my favorite bar b q side dish!
For me, I can't eat BBQ without cole slaw and baked beans. Tater salad is good too, but I gotta have beans!
Super simple slaw dressing:
1 cup Mayonaise (the real stuff)
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons white distilled vinegar
4 teastpoons yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
Dave's Smokin' Baked Beans
1 great big can of pork & beans (or 4-15 oz cans)
2/3 cup brown sugar packed
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
3 to 6 strips of hickory smoked bacon (I use Wrights)
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
1 Tablespoon grandma's molasses
1 tablespoon Colgin's liquid smoke
1. Drain the beans but don't rinse.
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, molasses, mustard
and liquid smoke. Stir occaisionally over medium to low heat until the sugar melts.
When the mixture begins to bubble, remove from heat
3. While the mixture is heating up, cut the bacon lengthwise and then cut into small pieces about
1/2" wide and brown in a pan.
4. When the bacon is almost done, throw in the onions and cook until translucent.
5. As soon as the bacon and onions are done and the mixture is heated thru, throw
everything together and pour into a large oven safe casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for
about an hour and no more or they will be too dry. If youlike your bean a little sloppy, just add a
little more ketchup and brown sugar.