It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Small icons for Gimp-2.8 Theme DarkNice
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

It is possible to make your icons small by going to Edit>Preferences>Themes and selecting small.
HOWEVER... if you are using the theme Darknice it doesn't give you the lovely round buttons and stuff.
SO... i found that if you paste the contents of the small theme gtkrc file under all the contents of the Darknice theme...you get small icons, and get to keep all your fancy buttons and loaders. :bigthup

So for those of you who want small icons with the Darknice theme...that is how to do it. :)

Some examples

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Small icons for Gimp-2.8 Theme DarkNice
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:34 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
It is possible to make your icons small by going to Edit>Preferences>Themes and selecting small.
HOWEVER... if you are using the theme Darknice it doesn't give you the lovely round buttons and stuff.
SO... i found that if you paste the contents of the small theme gtkrc file under all the contents of the Darknice theme...you get small icons, and get to keep all your fancy buttons and loaders. :bigthup

So for those of you who want small icons with the Darknice theme...that is how to do it. :)

Some examples

Rod,

Why don't you submit this splash for Gimp splash consideration for Gimp 2.10?

Partha

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:29 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

will it work with other themes?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:17 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

partha wrote:
Rod wrote:

Some examples

Rod,

Why don't you submit this splash for Gimp splash consideration for Gimp 2.10?

Partha

I was thinking about it. I was beaten to the punch for Gimp-2.8 splash but i did submit it.
I will probably try again for Gimp-2.10. :)
Thanks Partha.

Quote:
Alonte wrote:
will it work with other themes?

Alonte i am pretty sure you can do this with any of them that will not allow a small icon adjustment.