It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: shards of glass
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

erisian: thank you! you know what? i actually knew you'd like the colour scheme in this one :). personally i think it looks fine enough but it could do with some pink...

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:05 am  (#12) 
AnMal wrote:
i can share my top secret tips for tweaking the glass text for maximum effect too.

Please do.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:42 am  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

Gramps - Really nice.
AnMal - Hi, been busy but also not had much inspiration at the moment, worked on a couple of ideas, nowhere near good enough to post.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:45 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

fluffybunny: it's not that much i have to share, really, it was just my usual exaggerated way of expressing myself. but if you want to hear it anyway here it goes: i always put my glass on a background where something happens, not on a solid colour background. then when i have made my glass from script or tutorial, i use the glass as a displacement map on the background so i get some distortion in it. and since the edges of a glass object are usually where things happen, i sometimes make an outline of the object in a light bluish or greenish colour, put the layer to overlay mode and pull the opacity down if needed, then i use the outline as a new displacement map on the background. if i have used kward's glass script, i also colourise the glass layer in the default turquoise of the colourise filter and put the layer to overlay mode. then i duplicate that layer as many times as i think is needed, putting the last dup to normal mode with opacity pulled down.

he4rty: i just had one of those periods too! feels like it's over now, though, and yours will be soon enough too.